Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
1. Edward Weston was an American photographer. He used an 8 by 10 inch camera lens for most of his work. Some of his work is worth up to $1.6 million, according to an article written in the New York Post in April 2008.
2. Daybooks he kept regularly from the mid-1920s to 1934, which give veiwers a glimpse into his personal life, his views on photography, and his working methods. He has been recognized as one of the best photographers of the 20th century.
Monday, May 11, 2009
He was born February 20, 1902 to Charles and Olive Adams in upper class scotland. Ansel had no siblings. they moved to america later in 1902.
Ansel had a photographic memory, so this helped him a
lot when he was taking a picture to visualize what he was doing. it helped him take all of his beautiful photographs. He liked to photograph nature more than anything else, and you will rarely see a picture of his that isn't of nature.
Monday, April 27, 2009
1.Born on august 6 as Andy Warhola, 1928 in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. He was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. his father immigrated from Slovakia in 1914, and his mother came in 1921. He died on February 22, 1987 from complication with surgery.
2.Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger, Aretha Franklin, Michael Jackson.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- What are the three basic elements of a camera?
- What is an SLR camera?
- What is the purpose of a camera's aperture?
- What does shutter speed on a camera control?
- To get the right exposure for a picture, what three things must be balanced?
- To take pictures outside on a very sunny day, would you use a high or low film speed? Why?
- What are the four steps for developing black and white film?
- What things are needed to make a black and white print?
- For a black and white print, the final image is actually what material?